Monday, March 4, 2013

DIY : Chocolatey Oreo Cupcakes

Because I am feeling kind and gracious right this moment, I will share to you one of my own versions of this famous recipe. I am partially inclined to anything chocolate, so I will give you my one and only Oreo Cupcake recipe.




Yup.

So if you are ready, come and get these awesome stuffs so we can start.

A cup and a half of milk.
A stick of butter.
Quarter of a cup of vegetable oil.
Half a cup of awesome chocolate powder.
A cup of self raising flour.
One beaten egg.
Half a teaspoon of baking soda.
A cup and two tablespoons of sugar.
OREOs - lots of 'em!




Alrighty then. Let's start.

Turn the heat of the oven up to 350 degrees F about 10 minutes before baking.

On a medium pan, put milk, butter, oil and the chocolate powder and heat it until the butter melts. However, do not boil the mixture. Milk tends to curdle when doing that, which is a no-no. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature.

While waiting, prepare your cupcake pans by lining with cupcake paper cups. Put one Oreo cookie per cup.




When the right temperature is achieved, put flour, baking soda, sugar and the beaten egg. You can either mix it by hand - kind of an exercise - or you can use a mixer and beat till the stuff is properly incorporated. Pour into cupcake pans up to three quarters full and bake for 15 to 10 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.




Remove from oven and let cool. Top with melted chocolate or frost it. Or, you can eat it by itself. It is yummy and moist and can be eaten without the added sugar, you know! That is what I like about this cupcake. But for this, I used my own special frosting and melted chocolate.




If you want frosting though, there are different kinds of available frosting online that you can use, best bet is to use a mocha flavored butter-cream frosting. I want to share my own recipe of the frosting I used but I totally forgot the measurements of the stuff I added. Sometimes, I made frosting right then and there, only to forget how much each of them weighed.

I will make a batch of these soon and share to you the frosting I made specifically for this cupcake so you can try how I eat them.

I also made a cake version, substituted coffee to Oreos and here it is:



2 comments:

Post a Comment